Monday, May 8, 2017

This is our world too

This book we were assigned to read is during our CBL class because of the teen activism stuff we were learning about and the one girl I read about was Norvelle smith and she lived in the south side of Chicago. She went to john hope middle school and she got pure pressured to be into a gang but she was brave and rejected them. Then her school held a writing contest and she wanted to be apart of it she decided to write a poem about gangs and how they are brain washing they little brother and sisters in our neighborhoods that gangs are good. You have to read the book to find out if her poem was successful or if it went bad. The reason that I picked norvelle smith is because her story was inspirational and because she was really brave to stand up infort of a lot of people. I've recalled  many of people who were scared for presentations because of the croud.

I thought that this book was a really good one because it gives you a variety of options to read and it explains how life was and they show there life experiences. One of the reasons that I had to read this book is because it was in CBLwhich stands for Challenge based learning. My teacher made us read one of the teen activists I found this really cool because these are teens that had a problem and they wanted to change it. I really enjoyed reading this book and I think you would too even if you don't like any topics that are in this book.You could find one and just start reading it and before you know it you're interested!.


No comments:

Post a Comment